10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
18 mrt 2006
Waardering
Lengte
1m74
Massa
90kg
Ik deed laatst boxsquat in sportschool met een bankje toen zei een breje mens da moette nie doen das slecht voor je knieen en rug.

Vandaag zei de eigenaar van de sportschool ook al dat het slecht is en hij niet zou weten waar het goed voor zou moeten zijn. en omdat je in wedstrijden ook niet naar bankske of box squat.

Maar waar is deze oefening dan goed voor? en is het slecht?

Het is trouwens mijn bedoeling om powerlifter te worden misschien is da anders.

Boxsquat is om vooral je dooie punt op de squat (dus wanneer je beneden bent) te versterken. Je spreekt vooral je glutes en hams aan. Slecht voor knieen en rug? God o god... :(

Hehe Cas ik ken jou man, ik woon ook in Heeze. Jij hebt hier nog krantjes gegooid :D

Ontopic:

Squatten kan slecht zijn voor de knieën maar dat is algemeen bekend. Je moet de oefening gewoon goed uitvoeren en dan is er niks aan het handje. Ik doe geen boxsquats maar bij de "normale" squat ben ik de enige in onze gym die echt fullsquat gaat geloof ik. Die instructeurs zeggen tegen iedereen dat je niet verder dan paralel moet gaan.

louie Simmons:

Box squatting is the easiest way to learn to squat properly. Most everyone will start descending correctly, but at some point problems occur. To fix this, start on a box several inches above parallel. Squat down to the box. Then have a training partner take out a ½ or 1 inch mat or board. Again sit back, not down, on the box. When this feels right, take out a mat or board again until you are breaking parallel. Anyone can squat correctly if your coach or training partner is smart. You can't teach what you don't know.

You can squat very deep when using a box. Angelo Berardinelli has used a 6 inch box, and Amy Weisberger has squatted on a 4 inch box. Olympic lifters squat very deep, but they bounce out of the bottom. We flex.

Because one sits on a box and then flexes to overcome the resistance, box squats will quickly improve your pulling strength for deadlifts or Olympic pulls.

Box squats are much less taxing on the lifter, and by training at 50-60% of a 1 rep max for 10-12 sets of 2 reps, you can easily break your squat record. The muscular soreness is much less than with regular squatting. One of my former training partners, the No. 1 198 in 1984, could full squat only every 10 days due to the extreme soreness. However, learning to box squat, he found he could squat twice a week, once for speed day and once for max effort day, without any difficulty.

Many trainers have found that a great deal of flexibility can be developed while box squatting: by going lower than normally possible, and by using a wider stance.

You can isolate all the correct squatting muscles by sitting extremely far back on the box. By sitting back on the box to the extent that your shins are positioned past vertical, the glutes, hips, hamstrings, spinal erectors, and abs are totally pre-stretched and overloaded simultaneously, producing a tremendous stretch reflex.

When squatting on a box just below parallel, all your squats will be just below parallel. When doing regular squats, when the weight gets heavier, one will invariably squat higher and higher.

Doing static-overcome-by-dynamic work will build a great amount of explosive and absolute strength. Going from relaxed to dynamic work will also build tremendous explosive and absolute strength. Both types of work occur when box squatting. Some muscles are held statically, while others are actually relaxed.

Safety is always important. In powerlifting as in all other sports, injuries occur. I suffered a complete rupture of the patella tendon in 1991. At that time my best squat was 821 at 242. Rehabbing myself, I gained full range of motion and came back to squat 900 in two meets at 52 years old. I have never used knee wraps in training. I have used bands and bar weight combined at the top to equal over a grand with the weight on the box around 800 with no knee problems at all. How? I sit back for enough on the box where there is no pressure on my patella tendons.

Box squatting has made it possible for me to make a Top 10 total in 1972 without gear and to be no. 3 in 2001 in the open division at 242.

Let's finish with how and how not to box squat. First, how not to. The term rocking box squat has confused many, and this is understandable. At Culver City Westside Barbell Club, Bill West invented a method referred to as a "rocking box squat". First they would place a squat bar on safety rack pins at a level that would allow the lifter to sit on a box and by just arching the back the bar would clear the pins. A spotter from behind would place his arms around the lifter and by rocking him backward and then forward, the lifter could stand up with a large load assisted on the first rep and unassisted on a rep or two more. That is a rocking box squat, 60's style. They may or may not have slammed their feet down in a shock method. Here is the more modern, Columbus Westside method. First, use as wide a stance as possible. Wear groove briefs or a suit with the straps down. Position your feet so they point straight ahead and sit back, never down, until you are sitting on the box. The back is arched, the chest is held high, and the knees are pushed out to the sides. Use a wide hand grip to prevent biciptial tendonitis, and pull the elbows up and under to utilize the lats. When you are on the box, relax the hip muscles for an instant, then forcefully flex them by pushing against the bar. This will cause the spinal erectors to instantly flex, which activates the hips and then the hamstrings. The action is like doing a jerk in Olympic lifting. Try to flex on the box strong enough to stand up in one motion.

We are not trying to build muscles, but rather a huge squat. Your quads will sometimes get smaller, but your hamstrings and hips will grow greatly.

Remember to raise the traps into the bar first to ascend. If you push the feet into the floor first, you will find yourself in a semi good-morning position, which is wrong and dangerous.

I know someone out there will say there have been great squatters who never box squat. Well, are you one of those greats, or one of those who can't squat off the toilet with the Sunday paper?

Give it a try. I've given many reasons why you should try box squatting, and I can't think of one reason not to

Thx, nuttige post!

cas, waarom vraag je naar de bekende weg?
je weet zelf ook wel dat SQ niet slecht voor je rug en/of knieen is mits goed uitgevoerd.

Balboa18 zei:
je weet zelf ook wel dat SQ niet slecht voor je rug en/of knieen is mits goed uitgevoerd.

kom op, zo'n stomme vraag is het niet, zeker niet omdat het gaat om een variant van de squat.

je vraagt zelf ook vaak zat naar de bekende weg.

Balboa18 zei:

Ik neem aan dat jij in het begin ook niet alles wist. En veel mensen nemen gewoon aan wat hun instructeur zegt.

heeft iemand een filmpje van hoe je box-squat goed uitvoerd?

als je met je reet het bankje aantikt als je squat hoeft er niet veel nagedacht te worden om tot de conclusie te komen dat het slecht voor je rug is lijkt mij

mass_builder zei:
als je met je reet het bankje aantikt als je squat hoeft er niet veel nagedacht te worden om tot de conclusie te komen dat het slecht voor je rug is lijkt mij

Aantikken is niet slecht voor je rug....als je er een benchbounce-squat van maakt wel ja maar dat lijkt me ook niet de bedoeling:p

Ik doe ze iedere week en heb nog geen last van men rug,en dat geldt oa ook voor Ielja Strik:P
Er zijn idd mensen die er op tegen zijn maar er zijn ook veel goede powerlifters die erbij zweren en geen last krijgen maar wel goede resultaten.

mass_builder zei:

het is niet aantikken.. je gaat echt zitten, om de spanning eraf te halen. Dus je komt omhoog vanuit een dood punt. Dat is de bedoeling van boxsquat

maar dooie punt is dat dat punt waarin je stilstaat op wedstrijd? onderin.

ik heb zeer gevoelige knieen, zou ik ook met zo'n knieen goed kunnen - pijnloos - squatten?

boxsquat vind ik erg fijn. dan heb ik een punt waar ik per se moet komen. als ik zwaar squat zonder box dan ga ik vanzelf cheaten door steeds minder diep te zakken, met box "mag"ik dat niet van mezelf.

zelf nog een vraag over het squaten (zonde om nieuw topic te starten) ik krijg het niet voor elkaar om mijn knieen achter mijn tenen te houden, jullie wel?

PreludE zei:
boxsquat vind ik erg fijn. dan heb ik een punt waar ik per se moet komen. als ik zwaar squat zonder box dan ga ik vanzelf cheaten door steeds minder diep te zakken, met box "mag"ik dat niet van mezelf.

zelf nog een vraag over het squaten (zonde om nieuw topic te starten) ik krijg het niet voor elkaar om mijn knieen achter mijn tenen te houden, jullie wel?

Lukt best, maar moest er in het begin ook wel op letten. Het ligt in de manier van naar beneden gaan. Eerst die squat kont van je naar achter duwen, dan omlaag ;) Sinds ik me daarop concentreer gaat het afdalen goed.

je hoeft je knieen ook helemaal niet achter je tenen te houden.

chunky zei:
je hoeft je knieen ook helemaal niet achter je tenen te houden.

Hij wil powerlifter worden.

En anders was het nog steeds aan te raden het wel te doen

ik heb ook nog een vraag, bi de boxsquat. Ga je dan zitten en blijf je in squat houding(rug schuin) of ga je echt zitten zodat je rug verticale is?

Back
Naar boven