XXL Nutrition

victor richards - uncrowned king of bodybuilding

Bezoekers in dit topic

boforli

Huge Freak
10 jaar lid
Waardering
op 2.40 ,meer dan 300 lbs , zo big , had hij n andere instelling gehad dan had hij veel meer gewonnen imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7p9ttcjN8&feature=player_embedded#at=96

Statistics
Height: 5'10" (177cm)
Competition weight: 330 lbs. (150 kg)
Off-season weight: 360 lbs. (164 kg)
Born: 1964
Training since age 16
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Neck: 22 1/2"
Shoulder width: 43"
Chest: 67"
Arms: 26"
Wrists: 12 1/2"
Waist: 36"
Thighs: 37"
Calves: 24"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Addresses
Postal: 7974 Haven Ave.
Suite 120-117
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Phone: (909) 989-4448

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competitive Record
1992 Nigerian Championships -- 1st and Overall
1989 Mr. Barbados -- 1st
1984 California Gold Cup Classic -- 1st
1983 Teen Los Angeles -- 1st
1982 American Cup -- 2nd

My Encounter with Vic Richards
by Ron Cecchini
Originally posted to misc.fitness
Date: 28 Oct 1993 16:38:38 GMT

(Posted without permission from Ron--sorry, I didn't think you'd mind and it is a *public* newsgroup. This post has NOT been edited.)

I saw Vic Richards last Friday night at a seminar he gave at Vinny Greco's Powerhouse Gym in Watertown, Ma.

I didn't write anything down, so I'm going just from memory. Anyway, I'm just going to ramble...

First of all, Vic Richards *is* the largest human alive. I am now convinced of it. I've seen pros in person before (side note: if you've never seen a pro in person, you're in for a shock. You can not imagine how big they really are just from the magazines.), but this guy pretty much blew my mind away.

He started off with his background and stuff, why he doesn't compete, etc. He believes that you should bodybuild for the love of it, not to win fame or trophies. If you do it for those reasons, then you'll never succeed. But if you love it, and pour your all into it, those things will eventually come.

He said that at 16, he was already 220 pounds with 17" arms. BTW, he is 5'9" or 5'10" and claims to be 315 pounds. I didn't believe it at the seminar, but the following night he guest posed at a contest and, after seeing him without his clothes, I was more apt to believe it.

He said the Barbarians are the ones that got him into training, and taught him everything for the first 4 years. He also says (like someone else did around here) that they're 2 of the nicest people you'll ever want to meet. He says that they always have time to talk to anyone - no matter how small you are - to talk about training, etc. He believes the reason they're so nice goes along with why they don't compete. They bodybuild because they love it, not to win trophies.

Other things (in non-chronological order):

[NOTE: All quotes are paraphrased. Sorry - didn't have a tape recorder.]

He backed up his claim of eating 30,000 calories.
"I eat," he said.

Moreover, he still claims that they're "clean" calories. No fats or MCTs, *and* he doesn't believe in using a blender - he never drinks his calories.

So, supposedly he gets 30,000 calories from eating the following meal 5-6 times a day (someone should calculate the actual numbers):

Meal:

3 pounds of brown rice.
5 chicken breasts.
15-20 egg whites.
2 cans of corn.
1 can of pineapple.

Vic believes carbs are more important than protein, and says that eating large amounts of carbs is one of the biggest secrets in bodybuilding. He eats almost at least 15 pounds of rice a day , and says that you should never go to bed hungry.
However, he claims that he wakes up in the morning and goes to the gym *without* having eaten first, and often works out for up to 3 hours.

"A hungry man is an angry man. I like to be angry when I train. I train harder when I'm angry."

So, supposedly, he doesn't get a jump on his 30,000 calories for a good long while after he wakes up...

One young kid (apparently with pretty big nads) asked him:
"You haven't qualified to compete in the Nationals. You haven't qualified to compete in the pro ranks - yet, you do. How do you get to compete with the pros?"

"There is nothing wrong with being competent in one's ability. It's not arrogance, it's just a confidence in what I can do..." blah blah blah

To which the kid goes:

"No no no - you haven't answered my question! You didn't qualify for the Nationals, you didn't qualify for the pros - how come you get to compete?!"

The crowd was laughing.

"That's what I like about young kids. They're not afraid to ask anything. They just come right out with it."

Here he pauses dramatically.

"I don't have to qualify."

More pause.

[paraphrase]
"I believe I am very unique. And when you have a physique like mine, you shouldn't have to qualify."

He dropped out of school after one year. He doesn't believe in following an "established" philosophy:
"When you go to school, you learn about philosophies started by other people. I'd rather make my own. In a way, I graduated and got a degree from the Vic Richards school of life."

Said that bodybuilding was about being big, and that a "little" guy should never win.
His list of big guys was: himself, Strydom, the Barbarians and Jim Quinn. Noticeably missing was Matarazzo, which everyone around me started talking about. (I really didn't care, since I'm not a Matarazzo fan. Hey - I'm really not even a New Englander!)

He doesn't have a pre-set schedule. He never knows what he's going to train until he gets to the gym. He never counts sets or reps. He just works until he feels like he's done.
He also likes to go heavy and take as much rest as he needs in between sets.

"I'm in the gym to build muscle - not to do aerobics."

He beat around the bush on the drug issue ("I'm not saying I do, I'm not saying I don't.") but eventually indicated that he does do it (duh...).
He wouldn't say what he did, because, as he put it:

"I don't want to give anyone a noose to put around my neck."

I tried asking him about cycles in a way that wouldn't be too personal:

"I'll try to ask this in an impersonal way: What is your *philosophy* on the length of a cycle and the number of cycles done in a year?"

But he wouldn't comment at all. All he said was that he could get in serious trouble if he answered my question, because what if I went out and did something and got hurt, 'cause then I could say "Well, Vic Richards said..."

He said I could ask him one-on-one about it, but I didn't.

When asked about overtraining, he goes:
"Um, how can I put this nicely... Overtraining is a word used by the weak."

He believes (as I am inclined to) that if a bodypart gets lots of rest between workouts, and you get enough sleep and nutrients, that you won't overtrain.

I splurged and spent the $10 for his autograph. While I was up there, I said:
"One more thing: your hams - they're phenomenal!" (and oh man are they!) What do you do to train 'em?"

"Thank you. Basically, just lying leg curls. I don't like standing curls."

"What about stiff-legged deadlifts? I do them quite often, but never feel my hams as good as with leg curls."

"Me too. The deadlifts don't isolate the hams enough. I hardly do them. Stay with the leg curls - especially lying down."

Laatst bewerkt:
Echt een vette fysiek, ja!

zijn dieet lijkt me wel wat overdreven , dat zal hij wel slecht gehoord hebben,30000 calorieen :eek: wtf
Hij at 6,5 kilo rijst per dag ,wtf??? hoe krijg je dat op ? en hij gebruikte nooit n blender....

grote kerel damn

Als je er op je 16e al zo uit ziet dan heb je pas echt talent.

Damm zeg wat een fysiek zeg :O

Deze man was echt huge, filmpje heb ik al eens gezien maar het blijft bruut hoe hij dr op z'n 16e-18e uit zag..:D

****ing buff!

wat een zieke shape op zijn 16de en 18de. Wat die op zijn 18de al had neergezet is voor 80% van de mensen niet eens lifetime te behalen. Talking about sick genetics, als ik zijn shape op 0:47 had zou ik blij zijn.

Laatst bewerkt:
Onder de youtube movie staat:

>What happened to him? been searching all over the internet and couldnt find anything! is he dead or what?

<no man he is well alive and still in great shape! you can add him on facebook, he is a cool guy, he will accept you and he will return your messages,

teeering hoe groot die gast is op ze 16e niet ****ing normaal meer,

Heeft hij ooit mee gedaan aan een grote wedstrijd? Zoniet, waarom niet? Had toch makkelijk een Olympia kunnen winnen denk ik.

Heeft hij ooit mee gedaan aan een grote wedstrijd? Zoniet, waarom niet? Had toch makkelijk een Olympia kunnen winnen denk ik.

hij heeft maar met paar relatief "lage" wedstrijden mee gedaan:

1992 Nigerian Championships -- 1st and Overall
1989 Mr. Barbados -- 1st
1984 California Gold Cup Classic -- 1st
1983 Teen Los Angeles -- 1st
1982 American Cup -- 2nd

Hij is ook snel gestopt met wedstrijden. Heb wel eens gelezen dat in zijn tijd zulke buffe mensen vrij ondergewardeerd waren anders had die zeker wel een paar olympias kunnen pakken. Denk bijna alles wat dorian had gewonnen zou anders op zijn naam geweest zijn. En zelfs een paar titels van lee had die kunnen afpakken anders. Maar ze vonden destijds zijn middel te dik...maar goed als je het mij vraagt dan vind ik zijn lichaam toch wel erg goed gebalanceerd. Gewoon voorbeeld weer van mensen die genaaid worden.

Laatst bewerkt:
enkele van z'n facebook foto's

[Afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]

enorme aanleg maar wat een enorme bs stats.

iemand de titel van het eerste liedje?

he's one big black mutha****a!

Back
Naar boven