10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
15 mei 2008
Waardering
Lengte
1m90
Massa
102kg
A very good friend of mine is making great progress on the program and losing weight/gaining strength. His attitude is great - he's not looking to make changes tomorrow but a lifestyle change forever. I hate to sound like a fitness 'tard but that is what most people need. He's adding in the conditioning slowly and something else he's doing...

He does 50 jumps with the jump rope between all of his sets.

This has made a huge difference, actually.

Also, make performance goals for yourself; Squat X, Bench Y, DL Z, Military XY.
Run X in Y minutes. Or do X amount of hills per week. Doesn't matter, just make a list of stuff you need to get done and do it. Apply this to your life, too.

One thing I've done is do 3 hard conditioning workouts/week. That's it. I don't care when or with what. Just get the shit done. When you start doing stuff like this, stuff starts falling into place.

Some of these goals can't be done at the same time, but while striving for one, you can make slow progress on the others. For example, if you want to get in better shape, up the hills/Prowler or whatever you choose and make slow climbs with the weights and make smart decisions with your weight training.

When the weights turn to your focus, condition just hard enough to maintain your levels but not enough to take away performance in the weight room. I'm getting longwinded now and I apologize. It's Friday and I want to go home and play music, drink whiskey and blow out my ear drums. Here is an email I sent yesterday when a young kid asked me if I cared what I looked like (if looking good was a huge priority for me):

"Do I care what I look like? I guess. It's not a priority, though. Think about it this way:

If I do the following:

Squat 700 raw
Bench 450 raw
Deadlift 740 raw

(all in a meet)

And run hills for 30 minutes 3 times a week.
Eat 2-300 grams/protein a day and don't eat much junk...

What do you think I'm going to look like?

So I just concentrate on performance and being the baddest mother****er I can be. Shit starts falling into place when that happens. Looking good is a byproduct of kicking ass. If you want some good diet advice, try this. It always ****ing works:

Eat 4 meals a day.

* Each meal starts with a 50g (or so) protein drink in water.
* After that, each as much protein as your stomach can handle (I usually eat only eggs, chicken or steak) - because of the protein drink, it's not much maybe 2-3 eggs, small serving of chicken or beef.
* Eat a piece of fruit that you like (or vegetable...whatever)

If you want some carbs after that, eat them. But you'll be so full you won't be able to eat that many. I've noticed that as long as you get enough protein, the carbs will take care of themselves. Even when going out to eat, before you go, slam a protein drink. You'll eat less "crap" and you'll be much better off. I'm not a huge fan of protein drinks (or any supplements, really) but this diet works for getting bigger and stronger. And not getting too fat.

To make it even simpler, before you eat ANY MEAL, drink a 50g protein drink. I did this during college and lost 25lbs (I was too heavy as a fullback) and never got weaker and was leaner.

The bottom line is this: no one gives a **** what you look like, except you. And that just means you are a narcissist bastard. Girls don't ****ing care, no matter what they say. They want you to be smart, funny, strong and confident. Having money helps a ton, too. Does this mean you can be a fat slob? NO. But work on being a complete person all the time and getting shit done, in the weight room, on the conditioning "field" and in school (or work) and life.

You know who the baddest mother****er in the world is? Fedor Emelianenko. He is far from "ripped" but the dude will kill you and **** your women.

Dit is fedor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY
</EMBED>

Bron: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/wendler_531_program_pt_2?id=3113069&pageNo=25

tof artikel.

en die FEdor is ook een legend

Laatst bewerkt:
Ja dat vond ik ook wel ja:D

Fedor will kill you and **** your women.

Fedor is te gruwelijk inderdaad.
Als je hem op straat ziet lopen denk je hahaha wat een faggit. Maar damn man, hij heeft kracht. :p
Mooie stukje, voor de zoveelste keer, van Wendler. :bow:

Wendler komt binnenkort ook weer met een boek gebaseerd op het 5-3-1 systeem maar dan echt gericht op PL, meets ed.

Dit was een side note:D

zijn dat de stats van fedor:S???

zo ja, wat hardddd

Wendler komt binnenkort ook weer met een boek gebaseerd op het 5-3-1 systeem maar dan echt gericht op PL, meets ed.

Dit was een side note:D

Ik kijk er naar uit. Volgens Wendler zelf wordt het een uitgebreide 5/3/1 manual, met squat cycles, ME-work gecombineerd met 5/3/1, pieken naar meets, trainen met en zonder gear, steroid cycles, dus hoe je 'blast and
cruised", voeding, conditioning voor powerliften etc.

Dat is wat hij o.a. op T-nation heeft verteld. Over paar weken issie uit.

5/3/1 was en is een groot succes, maar het algehele commentaar is dat het relatief weinig doet voor je 1RM, en dus voor puur (raw) powerliften niet geheel geschikt is.

zijn dat de stats van fedor:S???

zo ja, wat hardddd

Nee van Wendler, hij krijgt alleen een hard-on van Fedor. Geheel terecht.

komt die binnen een paar weken al uit?

Bruut artikel.

Ik raak altijd zo ****ing aggressief als ik een filmpje van Fedor zie..

Fedor, The Last Emperor
Gruwelijke vechter van de categorie Tyson en Ali

Voor geel geld ter wereld kruip ik met die gast in de ring. :eek:
Geld is een leven in een rolstoel niet waard :D

En ach, krachtsporters (dus geen BB) maken zich ook minder zorgen om 'ripped' zijn. Zolang in geen pens tot over mijn pik heb is het me allemaal goed :cool:

Volgens mij denkt iedereen dat het artikel over Fedor gaat, terwijl Wendler hem alleen als voorbeeld gebruikt om aan te geven: performance trumps looks, focus op de main lifts, voedingsadviezen, goalsetting. fedor was slechts een voorbeeld.

Back
Naar boven